Write your message
Volume 6, Issue 3 (August 2019)                   IJML 2019, 6(3): 192-198 | Back to browse issues page

XML Print

Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Mahmoudvand S, Kord M, Pirbonyeh N, Moattari A, Shokri S, Zomorodian K. Molecular Detection of Adenoviruses in the Sinus Tissues of Patient by Nested-PCR in Shiraz, Southwest Iran. IJML. 2019; 6 (3) :192-198
URL: http://ijml.ssu.ac.ir/article-1-277-en.html
Department of Bacteriology & Virology, Faculty of Medicine, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences Shiraz, Iran.
Abstract:   (998 Views)
Background and Aims: Rhinosinusitis is an inflammation of the mucous membrane that may be caused by infectious agents such as bacteria, fungi and viruses. Few studies have been carried out on the role of viruses in Rhinosinusitis patients .The aim of this study was the molecular detection of Adenoviruses in sinus tissues by nested polymerase chain reaction (PCR) in Shiraz.
Materials and Methods: In the present study, 103 paraffin-embedded biopsy specimens of sinus tissues were subjected to DNA extraction and tested for adenovirus DNA using Nested PCR. The amplification of a β-globin gene by PCR-based method was used to confirm the quality of extracted DNA.
Results: A total of 103 samples of sinus tissues were examined. Of these patients, 50 (48.54%) were male and the rest were female (51.46%). The patients’ age ranged between 2 and 82 years and the mean age was 42.15±1.56 years. The adenovirus DNA was detected in 13 of 103 (12.6%) samples.
Conclusions: The results of this study showed that Adenoviruses have high prevalence in rhinosinusitis patients. As a results, it is an important to investigate clinical significance of viral infections especially Adeno viruses in these patients.
Full-Text [PDF 401 kb]   (276 Downloads)    
Type of Study: Research | Subject: Virology
Received: 2018/09/25 | Accepted: 2019/07/2 | Published: 2019/08/15

Add your comments about this article : Your username or Email:

Send email to the article author

Rights and permissions
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

© 2022 CC BY-NC 4.0 | International Journal of Medical Laboratory

Designed & Developed by : Yektaweb